RebelYard is currently seeking a STAGE MANAGER to assist with its Second Annual 10 Minute Play Series going up October 19, 2012. Please send a resume and head shot to Chelsea Sanz at email@example.com Thank you.
Volunteers: RebelYard is an organization driven by its involvement with and the involvement of the community it serves. Without it, we can’t create the kind of art that reflects the uniqueness and ideas of the people that make up our community. RebelYard is always looking for volunteers to help make us a more effective organization. We invite you to lend your support, your hands, and your time to helping us stage this theatrical rebellion.
Submissions: RebelYard is always looking for new and original community inspired works. Please send us what you have, we’d be happy to read it.
But be advised, a submission of your material is not a guarantee that your work will be produced. Likewise, please take the time to thoroughly read our mission statement before submitting your work to us. Work that does not fit into our mission statement will not be considered. Also, it may take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks before we are able to respond to your mission. So please be patient.
Also, RebelYard only accepts electronic submissions. You may submit to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for submitting your work to TheYard
· Before you submit your play send us a query message through our submissions email. Plays sent without a query message will not be read.
· Include a two paragraph synopsis with your play. Major breakdowns of your work are not encouraged; however a detailed description of the major plot points and general themes would help us get a better understanding of your work.
· RebelYard does not produce sprawling three-act plays with casts of 10 or more, so please send us your best one-act with a minimum cast.
· Please include an artist’s resume detailing your involvement within the theatre community and any past or present productions.
· One submission should do it. Any more than that will not be considered.
· Do not call or email us to check on the progress of your play. As noted above it may take several or more weeks before we send you a response. Be patient.
Resident and Guest Artists: RebelYard is not just a place where plays are produced, it’s a community, a collective of artists of various backgrounds and experiences, and we invite other artists to come and share in our mission with us; whether as a set designer for a ten minute play series, or a guest director for one our large productions.
Community Partners: RebelYard invites the support of local businesses and organizations as we seek to fulfill our mission.
For more information on how on how your business or organization can support the rebellion contact our Managing Director, Nadia Harry at email@example.com.
Drexel University’s Lindy Center for Civic Engagement
3210 Cherry Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104